Thursday, October 29, 2009

A long forgetting dream


To me, a singer is someone who finds approval of his/her voice on the stage by thousands of applause hitting like wave, non-stoppedly, people even stand up to pay her respect or shout along with her, saying that,"Hey, you did a great job."
I'm pretty sure Miley Cyrus is one of them.
But me, I'm in a different situation. I was never taken for any choir or even choral speaking in my high school. Maybe I'm not brave enough to stand before people. My grades weren't bad, just my look wasn't very agreeable, to them. Those who are handsome, pretty and talked much will always be an obvious choice, at least they give a try to prove their good vanity.
If say, I ever wanted to let music come into my life, I would live with it in a very amateur way. I love to sing and I love musical instrument too, only I never know how to play them. If I ever given one chance, just one in my whole life to sing the song of praise along me playing the piano, leading people in the church, that for sure shall be the most peaceful and satisfied day in my whole life.
I can confirm that.
However, I'm not sure if this day would be coming. This explains why whenever I'm in whichever church, I would stare at the pianist with admiration. It is as if he/she is carrying my dream, trying to use the song to tell me that you can do the same thing too...perhaps, one day later.
Before I came to know Christ, jealousy is always the companion I never desired yet follow me all of my days. I just couldn't help feeling uneasy to look at a boy of my own age, having perfect family background, a very caring mother preferably on his achievement and competence, unconditional support for his talent establishment and on top of all, he managed to be a eighth grader in the international piano examination as expected upon reaching sixteen. While I, been living for seventeen plus years, haven't really understand what do the many columns of black and white keys do on the piano.
"This is for the rich to play." I was told ever since I started to notice children of my own age going for piano lessons.
I never blamed my parents for all of these. I swear. It just sometimes, I might give a small cry over such little less fortunate event. But that's all, life is moving on. At least, I get approval of my voice from some of the roommates who are unfortunately choose to take their showers beside my bathroom.

I was inspired by Julio Iglesias from Reader's Digest, December 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels