And here I encountered the terms regress, self-centered, disengaged and etc via LoyarBurok, a link recommended by a friend.
Which, I strongly felt I have the obligation to start bothering what is going on around Malaysia but not just Facebook.
And the conditions and situations described on our university students are vivid and I supposed speak to many of us. Yes, walking around the campus, I found rarely intellectuals with heart for the country, we are exactly limited by the perkarangan kampus and our biggest concern would be contributed only to the welfare of student but hardly question about the legal right of university students to get involved in the so-called politics. Is it time yet for us to say something or our duties were just to stuck with the table lamp and lecture notes??
Even if I myself, once stood up in the Pimpin Siswa Camp and asked students not to bother about politics, my pure motive was just hoping that we focused on studies and this mini-Malaysia inside the campus and worked as a team together, oblivious to the racism and injustice in the world outside.
But I realized, this could not be done. After five years, we are stepping out this place and we are still gonna facing what I reluctantly to tell, the reality. And if we haven't make clear of ourselves our rights and responsibilities to the society, what are we to even gone further to PBB issues?? And at that time, we are the one who steer the game, regardless what course you're taking now, each play an important role to work out the system and implement new rules to better the progressing process.
And I am still, studying the euthanasia conflict when everyone has proceed to cell and tissues, (I meant for those who really want to be accelerated excellence).
By the way, all I'm trying to tell, is that it's was shocked for me to see that there are still people fighting together despite their race for anything that we deserved. And looking around here, watching people here, I'm just wondering, when will we going to be like them? They are not our benchmarks but aren't we supposed to learn, to question? Because...
"Do not judge the truth by the men.know the truth,you'll be able to judge men"..
and pheeewww...for one whole week here...I really feel like a law student instead of a medical student as I'm dealing with rights and issues all day long.
Wanna share a quote I got from euthanasia issue...
"The very soul of medicine is on trial...This issue touches medicine at its moral center; if this moral center collapses, if physicians becomes killers or even licensed to kill, the profession---and, therewith, each physician---will never again be worthy of trust and respect as healer and comforter and protector of life in all its frailty."
Do you agree?
No comments:
Post a Comment