
World is small. But the society is wide. Human are still as complicated regardless the anatomy. Gender are confusing despite homosexual and bisexual and transgendered. Disease and illness, have their own distinction. And doctors, learn patient first before coming to the disease, prevent disease before coming to treating them. And reminder, they are human being like us, not a ration of cases and files. Thus, putting up that white coat is not an easy task, it requires much more, more than the things you could learn in these five years.
And here I am, receiving the challenge and fighting against all odds with what all the noble and successful should have, discipline. And for those who have read the Hippocratic Oath, yes, medicine is an art, not science. We don't hold the test tube all the time and label samples; we actually go out and do something, at least for the world.
I learn human. Yes, I learn them all the time, here. Just before I learn something further about their health, I learn one most important thing first, the heart. Sometimes, things you've seen may not be what it should be. People came with new will, fighting mode to be medic graduate, an APEX one, but how many of them came with passion? People shouted 1 SISWA on stage, putting on ideas on how to preserve the world but I see them, having the laptop and tap water on all night. People calling out, that we should have teamwork, we should be 1 Malaysia, but I see forced smile, doubt and disgust in their eyes.
And what about me? Who am I? Am I not seeing what I did but just seeing what others did?
What about the rest of the world, that struggling to fight for human right for years? Third world countries that have been trying to bring down the veto with their miniscule power? Israel-Palestine issues?
I don't really know. But learn from Einstein's quote, learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The importan
t thing is not to stop questioning.
No comments:
Post a Comment