Monday, March 22, 2010

Wakakaka~

Walking back from Double A(a stationary shop in my college). Accidentally saw a plat, hanging up there rigidly under the roof, saying, "Courage is the mastery of fear, not the absence of fear". Quite inspired.
I remembered I was a strong and brave kid, started from 5, I ventured and ruled over the neighbourhood. Every afternoon, the adults would just find me and couples of other kids catching tadpoles, frogs and the unknown small fishes inside the drain. Holding a 500mL mineral water bottle on one hand, with another grabbing on the rusty fences, we took this daily activity with commitment. Then, we cooked up the "whatever" and ate. Till now, I still felt disgusting each time that memory came across my mind.
And the most heroic scene would be, when I was 3. I was cycling around the front yard and my annoying Aunt paid an unwelcome visit. She is the wife to my grandfather's younger brother. And one of her favourite routine was to make comment on me from head to feet. I hated it very much and it's her who motivated me to learn on how to read the clock when I was 3 as she claimed a boy from a family nearby could read the clock. (silly, isn't it?)
Fine, so the time I saw her, I just wished I could escape from her horrible mouth, but, to leave my own house?? Ermm...yes, I just positioned rightly on the front door and pheww...I broke the restraint of my cycling area...turning back and looked, my grandma hadn't noticed my absence.
I recognised the path and tried to cycle to the regular Kopitiam I had my breakfast every morning with my grandpa, with a bit tremble in my heart.
And guess what?? I made it! Huhu~~
The story ended with the aunt's husband, my uncle lead me home with his motorbike, the time he was shocked with me appeared in the kopitiam, on my war horse, sweat all over my back. Of course, my grandma was in panic at home, giving phone call to everyone including the Mom and Dad I feared the most.
So, I'M JUST THINKING why I became so coward right now? From talking confidently to any strangers and debating with them to lowering my head and not looking at people's eyes. Pointless, right?
And I missed my grandma, she's awaiting me at hometown eagerly, counting days I would be back. She even planned to attend my graduation. Sadly, Matriculation doesn't have graduation because only the results after a month could tell if you are graduated or not.
Well, it's time to pick up the courage long lost. I guess so. And let God makes me to be the fisher of man, instead of tadpoles...(amused).
Let's us pray, may God bless every reader of my blog, laughing with the stories and mistakes I made but pray for me so that my maturity would grow together with my faith. Amen!
Ooo...not to forget, I had a friend here in Matriculation is going to be baptised this Sunday in her hometown...finally, Praise the Lord...raise His name high, Hallelujah, Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels