Who to be blamed? The first one I called is my Mom. But, of course I'm not going to question about the genetic factor she gave to me and immediately she put all the blame on Dad without me mentioning it. I'm not sure how I feel the moment my Mom sounded optimistic about three offspring of her having this symptom including me. I nearly forgot I can pray to God for healing. And my mother suggested me to pray instead of having medication like my brothers. Yes, the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want...-Psalm 23.
And without a doubt, we are calling the God ABBA Father too and this is one of the calling that pleases Him. At the same time, when we are close to someone, often we will straight call out his/her name. Christ told us He no longer take us as servants, but friends.
John 15:15 (New International Version)
15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
But with God/ABBA FATHER, that's a different case. We cannot pray like we are dealing with a friend or bargaining with God for something whenever we pray. I know, somehow, we talk to God for everything, we share our personal things even tough He already knows it. But that is like a daughter telling a father her problem, hoping that she could use some advice and guidance from the experienced old man. Similarly, through prayer, Christians receive guidance for the next step of their life every moment and this is from the Almighty Creator.
Let say, what if one day when you are so focused in reading a book, your father walked in. Of course, you won't bother too much and probably wouldn't even know he's there or just "erm" with whatever he said. But question is, what would you do, if Christ is the one who walked in. Maybe you would jump off your desk and hug Him, thanks Him for the salvation. Or, just ask Him bunches of questions you wonder about the world.
But, are you sure?
Wouldn't you feel that you are so small, that you cannot even process your feeling when Christ walked in? Your mind will be blank, I might want to tell. Because you are feared. So as to ABBA FATHER, we worship Him in tremble and if we are "really" close enough to Him, we find hard to sin or pick up our old-style bad habit anymore because we are feared of God.
See the differences between Christ and God?
Chapter 15:1, I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower.
i'm serious with your blog because i dont want u to blog something which is not that accurate. what u blog might influence anyone. i know u love the Lord n fear Him a lot which is a very good thing. i guess you are still a vry new christian. God and Jesus is just the same because the Father, the Son n Holy spirit are 3 in 1. so GOD IS JESUS; JESUS IS GOD. i believe that one day u will experience God more n u will feel His love. its an indecribable experience. i do agree with u that if one day we meet God, we will be trembling with fear. but you dont have to feel so scare of God when u pray to Him. different ppl treat god differently. some treat Him as a father, some as a friend. there are too many ways for us to get close to god. so u cnt jz say that we muz talk to God as if He is our father only. that's jz the way how u think God is to u. but not to others. i pray that God will walk with u each day to help u to learn more about Him. Amen.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sophina, in fact, I'm a new Christian. I still had a lot to learn. But I'm not encouraging people to pray with fear, juz we need to remember God's Almightiness whenever we pray, we need to remind ourselves we are talking to our Creator, indeed, there are too many kinds of relationship we can form with God, up to the person, Father, Lover, Friend...I talked to God if I cannot sleep at night, but lying on bed, I'm not formally kneel, and I just talked to Him at any time...I always take God as friend and I'm sure He wants us to...and I still enjoy the feeling, until I read what Joe Stowell wrote...He said we can be close to God, but with fear and respect in heart, I'm kinda agree...I'm hoping that you get my point from the blog, in fact, I didn't tell ppl to be so fearful that they are nervous to face God. I'm sure no one does, cause joyfulness filled us first. I do mention in the blog that "We cannot pray like we are dealing with a friend or bargaining with God for something whenever we pray." My point is to get close to God, we cannot expect every prayers to be answered, as salvation given is more than enough and we cannot pray like, "I'm tired today, Oh, Lord, can I not going church??" This is what I mean. yes, They are 3 in one, the Triuene God, but some Christians do pray like that...and it's one of the misunderstanding that they are very close to God. In case I should agree that GOD IS JESUS, JESUS IS GOD, what then John chapter 15 is all about?? There's still difference we need to notify. I'm saying this in a kind manner,no hard feeling, "Often, we didn't value a Christian by how long they had been one, and even Lord Jesus had said,"Those who are before will be after, and those who are after will be before"...after all, the whole thing is not created by myself...it's based on Dr.Joe Stowell, the international recognized conference speaker.
ReplyDeleteand God bless =)
ReplyDelete