Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sutures Removed

Venue: General Hospital, Penang.

Time: Last Friday afternoon

People were staring at me and I tried to be optimistic. And they kept on staring. Well, you don't get so much chance in your lifetime to see a girl with a 5cm scar on her left forehead. Maybe it was their first time.

I was a bit disturbed. But I wanted to raise people's curiosity even more, by smiling all the day. Cuz I don't think the probability of people who injured their forehead still can smile would be high. I wanted to give other patients some sort of strength that they should feel lucky that they are not as miserable as me. At the same time, I was hoping people to ask why I'm so happy about removing my sutures. And the answer, you know, would be God is with me.

No one ask. They stared.

Well, lucky I was the only one who removed sutures that day, so I didn't have to wait for turn.

I laid down on the bed by worrying that my head would touch the lamp that was like, very far away from me. Extra caution after what happened.

'Oh, what happened?'asked the nurse.

'Hit by fan,'replied me.

'Oh, there would be scar la. Disqualified to be model already la.'

What the? This is not helping. She discouraged me.

Anyway, I was fine back there or not very.

'Because it's on your face so the doctor used fine suture. It would be quite tough to remove it.'

Well, I could sense that by my pain receptors.

All I could hear was the 'tiak, tiak, tiak' sound as the pointed tips slide through the sewn stitches and cut; and also the deep breath I took along the process, as she demanded.

Sometimes, she stopped at some difficult part and continued again.

Admittedly, I wasn't brave enough.

All I did was praying inside my heart and at the same time, yelled out my fear.

My mom was holding my feet to show her support.

Finally, it ended.

I should say, she was quite polite. As a few years back, the nurse who removed my stitches for appendectomy was uncaring and by pulling~~arrrgggghhhh~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels