Sunday, June 20, 2010

Something Worth

Karate Kid and Toy Story 3 are very hot now. Frankly I wasn't attracted when friends were recommending on Facebook. I just don't have mood to go out and cast my butt on the cinema seat.

You know what I mean when you saw the long Q and you have to be one of them, waiting anxiously and when it is your turn, your favourite movie turned out to be a canceled plan as there's not even a single seat left for you. You might choose to watch it for the next period but like what the Hokkien said, 'Sienzzzzz.' If you wasn't come to the mall for any other purpose but merely to spend an evening with popcorn, what shall you do when goofing around the mall just to wait for the movie?

You could feel as if nothing meet your plan, suddenly you have to make up your mind all over again. You can't eat your dinner earlier while you are full with your lunch. You're not willing to spare the tokens for arcade games that you will lose. You are not in the mood for shopping while looking out for the clock. Everything is just not right for you and your last hope is, the coming up movie could cheer you up together with caramel popcorn.

So, expectation for the movie made high. You become focus, sensitive. The tiniest mistake or a boring scene would just screw your appetite for the movie. You become upset, with time and money spent to be here for it. You are let down by your own plan, your own judgment of the superb, cool trailer and poster. You started realizing the importance of 'don't judge a book by its cover'. Lesson learnt. And you try to be more careful in picking up movie the next time.

This is when you forgot that the key for the whole process is just to enjoy it. Enjoy an air-con room with big screen, where you have to laugh with mouth full of popcorn, scream together with other people and predict the murderer with your friend if you are accompanied.

My Mom always wondered why would I in love with movie so much despite my dream is to be a film director. Her perception is, our eyes are still a pair of eyes when the movie is end with probably some tears for focusing too much on the screen. And her style is, never remember any scene inside a movie, when she is out of the dark room or the TV just closed, she would forget what happened just now.

Unlike her, I enjoyed movie very much and the cherishable part would be memorising while watching it, encoding as much as possible information from the screen to my brain. Perhaps some interesting face, quote, action, case, behaviour and extra knowledge about another side of world you never stepped into. Well, I know very much, people don't conceive any movie they watched, they judged it by logic and arranged what benefit delicately.

But, I was rather different, I just take what inspire me much. And somehow the soundtrack can set me into trap to be in love with the movie just because of it when you can just feel the same, if the action is in tune with the key and that's very distinguishable with MTV. I mean, I sensed the difference and my inclination to movie. That is something I can't explain since I was a kid. And when you have heart for something, you dream that you can make one of those too, one day later. I presume this is the reason I want to be a film director at first.

I have no mood for cinema but pirated DVD with clear view and correct subtitle still buy me. Illegally, this is legal to a student like me that earns 0 Ringgit Malaysia per month.

People are talking about how many books they have read, counting happily one by one, with prestigious title and writer. Well, I'm talking about how many pages I could withstand when Harry Potter and New Moon still abandoned in drawer. I don't like reading for real tough I forced myself once.

However, there is an exceptional case. I'm proud to say I finished all 金庸's novels except Condor Hero. Those are chinese wushu novels that are not trendy like the Twilight Saga that have been famous for one time but I can assure you every generation must have young people who loved it and would love it till the very end.

Once again, I have to admit, I prefer to read by motion such as movie. This might be my different way to learn. I could tell Mom I do learn something by 10 ringgit every time inside. There is a satisfaction where your memory is full of color and your imagination updated. Let me remind, there's nothing gross or nasty here and no porno thing I'm trying to describe here.

It's just I like movie and my leaving mood for cinema is certain to be temporary. PPS and pirated DVD took the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels